SOUTH MILWAUKEE, Wisc. — Willie Mays’ game-used MacGregor glove from 1967 sold for $13,317 on 23 bids in a MEARS auction that ended Jan. 4. The sale took 23 bids. The glove was signed by with the notation, “My Gamer — Willie Mays — 1967.”
Another glove in the auction was an Eddie Mathews gamer used during the mid-1950s, when the Hall of Fame third baseman played for the Milwaukee Braves. The glove sold for $7,514.
Among other items that sold were:
- Ray Lewis’s Baltimore Ravens helmet worn during the 2000 playoffs and Super Bowl XXXV for $9,082;
- A 1976 Frank Robinson Cleveland Indians game-worn jersey, signed, for $8,084;
- Pete Rose’s 1982 Montreal All Star game ring for $6,202;
- A 1972 Carl Yastrzemski Boston Red Sox road jersey for $5,637;
- Phil Niekro’s 1977 Atlanta Braves game-worn road jersey, signed with career stats, too;
- An Al Kaline-signed, game-used ball from the Detroit Hall of Famer’s 3,000-hit game;
- Harmon Killebrew’s career home run #420 ball for $1,572; and
- A game-used home O.J. Simpson Buffalo Bills jersey from 1972-’74.