WEST BERLIN, N.J. – A team-signed shellacked Ban Johnson ball signed by the Chicago White Sox in 1920, with one signature purportedly scrawled on the Sweet Spot of the Reach ball by Joe Jackson, is up for sale by Goldin Auctions. The sale ends Feb. 7.
In addition, the ball was signed by other Black Sox members, “Swede” Risberg, Buck Weaver, a seldom-used utility player Fred McMullin, Eddie Collins, Dickey Kerr, Red Faber, Ray Schalk, Roy Wilkinson, H. McClellan, Ted Jourdan, John Collins, Byrd Lynn, newcomer Amos Strunk, Ed Cicotte, Lefty Williams, Manager Kid Gleason. The $25,000 minimum bid has been doubled.
Among other items in the sale is:
- A game-used 1942 Joe DiMaggio Yankees home flannel jersey;
- A 2011 Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants player ring with the original presentation box;
- Jamal Lewis’s 2012 Ravens Super Bowl XLVII ring with the original box;
- Mariano Rivera’s game-used uniform from his historic final win (signed and inscribed);
- A 2003 game-used Derek Jeter fielder’s glove (signed);
- Ted Watts’ 1983 Los Angeles Raders Super Bowl XVIII ring;
- A game used and signed 2013 Mike Trout glove;
- A 1965 Mickey Mantle game-used bat; and
- A.J. Burnett’s 2009 World Series ring with the Yankees.