BOHEMIA, N.Y — Gil Hodges’s game-worn New York Mets jersey worn in the pennant-clinching gem in 1969 sold for $33,359 in an auction organized by Leland’s. The sale closed Oct. 28.
Secretariat’s race-worn shoe from 1972-’73 sold for $33,359 as well. A 1985 Kentucky Derby trophy sold for $27,570.
Paul Johnson’s 1960 U.S. Olympic hockey jersey sold for $20,714.
Among other items that sold were:
- A single-signed ball by Grover Cleveland Alexander for $13,320;
- Pete Rose’s 1963 National League Rookie of the Year award for $17,569;
- A 1995-’96 Chicago Bulls world championship ring from James Edwards for $16,146;
- Muhammad Ali’s training shoes given in 1977 to photographer Lowell Riley sold for $5,013;
- A Floyd Patterson vs. Sonny Liston program signed in 1962 by Cassius Clay and Joe Louis sold for $3,112;