RUNNEMEDE. N.J. — Bill Buckner’s 1986 World Series glove, the one he wore when Mookie Wilson’s ground ball trickled through his legs, sold for $106,575 in an auction recently conducted by Goldin Auctions. Buckner later gave the glove to Barry Halper with the notation, “To My Pal Barry, Best Wishes Bill Buckner.”
Buckner’s high top cleats worn in Game 6 of the ’86 Series sold for $6,738.
Stan Musial’s game-used and signed home Cardinals jersey sold for $73,500.
Muhammad Ali’s fight-worn gloves from his 1980 bout with Larry Holmes fetched $47,775.
Among other items that sold in the Oct. 29 Goldin auction were:
- Kobe Bryant’s home uniform photomatched to six games during the 2015-’16 season sold for $40,425. It was accompanied by a letter from the night he retired;
- A pair of Nike shoes worn by Michael Jordan in his rookie season sold for $40,425;
- Nate Archibald’s basketball hall of fame induction ring for $36,750;
- Wilt Chamberlain’s NBA contract with the Philadelphia Warriors for the 1960-’61 season for $31,850. It was signed by owner Eddie Gottlieb and Chamberlain;
- Sammie Williams’ Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl ring from 2000.